Click on the arrow in the graphic below for a three-minute summary of the Republican Health Care Bill from Chris Murphey, the senator from Connecticut.
Ask your friends and family in other states to contact their senator's healthcare staff members (www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/senate-health-care-staffers/).
And for a side-by-side comparison of ObamaCare and the latest version of TrumpCare, visit the blog.
Save the Date
Only major events are listed below. See the calendar for additional events and details. Also, check Political Events and Democratic Clubs' Events for other activities. And a full list of all our organizational meetings is also available.
- June 28, July 5, July 12, and July 19 Wednesdays — Phone Banks to Flip Red Votes and Write2Blue
4–6 p.m. in the Gateway Oak Room (the card room)
- July 12, Wednesday — Thank God We're Democrats
4:30–6:00 p.m. in the Creekside Fairway Room
Speaker: Marian Shostrom from Health Care for All—California.
Topic: SB 582
- July 27, Thursday — General Meeting in the Event Center
6 p.m. Social hour/town square; 7 p.m. speaker
Speaker: George Breslauer, professor emeritus, Comparative Politics, UC Berkeley
Topic: the Russian Assault on Liberals
The Democrats of Rossmoor Club was established in 1966. Chartered by the Democratic Party of Contra Costa County Central Committee, we are the largest Democratic club in Northern California. With over 650 members, we are also the largest sanctioned club in the active senior community of Rossmoor in Walnut Creek, California.
We are an activist, non-PAC organization committed to:
- Providing educational forums for our members that include speakers, workshops, live satellite feeds, and other activities.
- Supporting local, state, and national Democratic candidates through phone banks, get-out-the-vote efforts, and speaker events.
- Supporting programs that further Democratic principles, including projects to support public education, voter registration, and political activism.
- Offering other forums throughout the year for members to study issues, share ideas, and gather together for fun and fellowship, both within Rossmoor and with other Democratic clubs in central Contra Costa County.
Our club thrives because members discover personal and social satisfaction working with other capable Democrats to support causes and candidates. We also derive satisfaction from working actively to get our country back on the road to peace, prosperity, affordable heath care, and protection of the environment.