Who are the Democrats of Rossmoor?
The Democrats of Rossmoor Club was established in 1966. Chartered by the Democratic Party of Contra Costa County, we are one of the largest Democratic clubs in California.
We come together as a group to maximize our political effectiveness in support of Democratic ideals. We are an activist, non-PAC organization committed to:
- Educating ourselves through guest-speaker programs, workshops, town halls, film and book clubs, and frequent communications.
- Mobilizing in support of local, state, and national Democratic candidates through get-out-the-vote activities, including voter registration, phone and text banking, letter- and postcard writing, and door-to-door canvassing. We also endorse and promote legislation.
- Supporting programs that further Democratic principles, including projects to support public education, voter registration, and political activism.
- Offering forums for members to study issues, share ideas, and gather for fun and fellowship
Our club thrives because members discover personal and social satisfaction working with other capable Democrats to support causes and candidates.
Our Vision and Mission
We envision a Democratic President and Democratic Party majorities in the House and Senate, and the successful enactment of Democratic Party principles at every level of government.
Education: To bring to light important political and societal issues, and to communicate and discuss a range of Democratic solutions.
Action: To channel our knowledge into political action. To be a significant force in winning votes for Democratic candidates and legislation, locally, statewide, and nationally, in support of our nation’s democratic principles.
We review our priorities annually in an interactive workshop. These priorities inform all our activities. 2023 Priorities are:
- Climate Change and Environmental Justice
- Voting Rights
- Racial Justice and Equity
- Gun Control
- Reproductive Rights
- Public Education
- Health, Medicare and Social Security