Democrats of Rossmoor Volunteers
Please contact us if you are interested in any of the following:
- We are currently looking for new newsletter editors (layout and content) and a new webmaster. The current director will provide mentoring. All positions need a strong attention to detail; an eye for layout; some proficiency with word processing software; the ability to do internet searches for content, graphics, and background research; and minor photo/graphic editing skill.
- We are always looking for new board members. It is a great way to integrate with other Democrats who are passionate about our club and the Democratic party.
- Committee volunteers are always welcome.
- The Book Club needs people to speak about a book that they have read and enjoyed and that presents material of interest to the DoR.
- DRAAT (Democrats of Rossmoor Action Alert Response Team) volunteers work from home by contacting legislators on issues of importance.
- The Film Committee could use a person or two to help recommend films that they have seen and liked—and that are available on DVD for a reasonable price—and to preview films the committee is considering.
- We welcome contributions to our newsletter, the Rossmoor Democrat, which is published bimonthly.
- TGWD (Thank God We're Democrats) often could use a person or two to help with setup, name tags, reservations, etc
- Progressives' Famers' Market Table needs volunteers to man the table.
- Voter Registration is ongoing and can always use more volunteers.
- Flip Red to Blue texts Democrats across the U.S. to vote, volunteer, and/or contact Congress on key issues. You can participate on any day from home and on Wednesdays 4–6 p.m.in the Gateway Oak Room (the card room). Refreshments will be available. To get started with training (1-1 any day of the week) and for additional information, contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll need a laptop or iPad/tablet or smartphone. We use a website (not your phone’s texting app or number), selecting (not typing) pre-written texts to send initial texts and to respond. See the calendar for dates, times, and locations.
- Write2Blue writes short notes to lawmakers about current critical issues, such as health care and tax reform, and matters that impact the 2018 elections. Talking points will be provided along with lists of recipients and their addresses. Please bring any note cards, nice stationery, post cards, or stamps you can spare to add to our Write2Blue supply basket. Write2Blue meets on the Tuesday of the month at 2–4 p.m. in the Gateway Multipurpose Room 3. RSVP to Tricia Spiegel at email@example.com, call 925-954-7377, or just show up. Refreshments will be available. See the calendar for dates, times, and locations.
- The designated DoR charity is the Trinity Center, which is a non-residential program serving homeless and working poor adult men and women in Walnut Creek and Central Contra Costa County. See their website for volunteer opportunities or see the Trinity Center Wish List for needed food, clothing, and personal hygiene items
Commit to Flip Blue
Commit to Flip Blue is calling Democratic Party volunteers to schedule them for various election work tasks and dates for four California Congressional Districts: CA 4 (currently McClintock); CA 10 (currently Denham); CA 21 (currently Valadao) and CA 22 (currently Nunes). Meet at 4–6 p.m. in the Gateway Oak Room (the card room) every Wednesday. You’ll need to bring a phone OR laptop/ iPad/tablet with charger. We’ll train you. We are not calling voters until several days before the election for GOTV. Please contact Emily Blanck at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diana Doughtie at email@example.com. See the calendar for dates, times, and locations.